POST DISASTER ASSESSMENT: NEPAL BLOCKADE 2015-16
The economy of Nepal sustained heavy knocks in two quick successions, initially by the earthquake and then by the border blockade. In an attempt to trace the blockade’s ramifications and provide a fresh pair of lenses to the discourse we have jointly come out with a study conducted through visits and interactions with people across the Terai-Madhes belt, and aimed at comprehending the depth and breadth of the impact on different key sectors of the economy.
This dissemination event is jointly organized by the Alliance for Social Dialogue and the Nepal Economic Forum and there will be a moderated panel discussion surrounding the theme of the study, bringing together insights from professionals residing in Terai-Madhes who witnessed upheaval unfold at ground zero, policy architects and legislatorial heads.
Event details have been provided below.
Date: June 20, 2016, Monday
Venue: Banquet Hall, Hotel Annapaurna
Time: 03:00pm – 05:00pm
1. Mr. Chandra Kishore, Journalist and Politicial Commentator
2. Mr. Gagan Thapa (TBC),Chairperson, Parliamentary Agriculture and Water Resources Committee
3. Dr. Mallika Shakya, NEF advisory board member, and Faculty at South Asian University
4. Mr. Rabindra Adhikari, Chairperson, Parliamentary Development Committee
5. Dr. Surendra Labh, Social Researcher and Political Economist
Moderated By: Mr. Sujeev Shakya, Chairperson, Nepal Economic Forum
RSVP- email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org