at Tata Institute for Social Sciences, Mumbai
DEADLINE: September 30, 2015
APPLICATION FORM IS FREE AND CAN BE DUPLICATED
Alliance for Social Dialogue (ASD)invites applications forscholarships at Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) in Mumbai (www.tiss.edu) for a six month certificate course in psychosocial counselling beginning in mid November, 2015. Given our recent experience with the April 25 earthquake and the subsequent aftershocks, these scholarships aim to enhance the capacity of community-based individuals, especially in areas of psychosocial counselling to ensure holistic earthquake rebuilding efforts and also community focused disaster preparedness for the future.
The Program does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, or disability. The competition is merit-based and open to those meeting the following criteria:
- Individuals currently working in various capacities at the community level (teachers, health and mental health professionals, counselors, police officials, NGO /CBO professional networks etc) in the 14 most earthquake affected districts(Gorkha, Kavrepalanchok, Dhading, Nuwakot, Rasuwa, Sindupalchok, Dolakha, Ramechhap, Okhaldunga, Makwanpur, Sindhuli, Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Lalitpur);
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three years of experience;
- Preferred educational backgrounds include B.A. in Social Sciences, B.A. in education, Bachelor’s in Nursing, M.B.B.S, and Master in Public Health;
- Fluency in English and a working knowledge of Hindi is essential;
- Be committed to utilizing the newly acquired knowledge and skills in their community.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS
Competition for the Certificate Course Scholarships is open, merit-based, and relies on a combination of an applicant’s suitability towards the program’s objectives and host university admissions criteria. Selection is made on the basis of academic excellence, professional aptitude, long-term commitment to furthering the profession in applicants’ home country, and English language proficiency.
Pre-selection: Submitted applications will be screened by an application review team.
Interviews and Final Selection: Semifinalists will be interviewed in-person or via videoconference by a committee. The committee will recommend finalists for placement at the host university.
Read all instructions and information carefully provided in all of the attached documents below before completing the application. All forms are to be completed in English with the exception of references which may be completed in Nepali if language is a barrier.Answer every question and write “Not applicable” if a question does not apply to you. Please make sure to include all the required additional documents (personal statement, CV, recommendation letters, notarized copies of transcripts and diplomas). Incomplete applications will not be considered. Applicants can submit applications to one of the addresses listed below:
Alliance for Social Dialogue
345 Ramchandra Marg
Phone: 977 1 4472807
If you have any queries regarding the scholarships, please email at email@example.com
Click here for more information.